Pay for Classes


Pay for Classes

Fees for non-credit and academic courses vary and are listed in the fee category of the course schedule.

The College of Continuing Education is self-supported and receives no funding or income from sources other than the fees charged for services. Enrollment fees are established by the CSU Board of Trustees.

If you are unable to attend a course for which you have registered and want a refund, you must notify the College of Continuing Education at least 24 hours before the first class meeting.

Academic Credit

Due dates for fees vary by program. Please contact the program coordinator for more information. You may access copies of your current invoices through your My Sac State Student Center by clicking on “Account Inquiry” under the Finance heading, and then on the tab that says “Invoice.” All past due fees are subject to a $25.00 late fee.

There are four convenient ways to make a payment:

  1. By MasterCard, Discover or American Express via your My Sac State Student  Service  Center.
  2. By Visa, via phone to the CCE Enrollment Services phone line, (916) 278-6984 during regular business hours.
  3. By check or money order payable to Sacramento State, mailed to: 
    College of Continuing Education
    Attn: Academic Credit
    3000 State University Drive
    Sacramento, CA 95819
  4. In person at the College of Continuing Education in Napa Hall during regular business hours.

Fees are due at the time of registration for students not admitted to Sacramento State.

Students admitted to Sacramento State have 30 days from the date of registration to pay fees for regular CCE classes. Fees may be paid either through My Sac State or at the College of Continuing Education as outlined above.


The College of Continuing Education accepts Visa, MasterCard, or Discover over the phone for payment of course fees. Checks and money orders may be mailed or dropped off at Napa Hall.

Please make checks payable to Sacramento State.

Mail payments to:
College of Continuing Education
Attn: Non-Credit Registration
3000 State University Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819

Fees are due at the time of registration.

HEERF Emergency Grants for Non-Credit Learners

What is HEERF II and where did the funding for emergency grants come from? 

The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) money, authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 (CRRSAA), was passed on December 27, 2020. One aspect of the act was creating the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II). HEERF II provides funds to institutions for emergency financial aid grants to students whose lives have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Visit the HEERF II Emergency Grants Website

Is the money I receive from the HEERF II emergency grants considered taxable income?

No. The emergency funding you received for unexpected expenses related to the COVID-19 pandemic qualify as disaster relief payments under the IRS tax code. This grant funding is not included as part of your gross income for 2021. 

How much can I get from the Supplemental Grant application? 

Students have varying needs at this time. The supplemental grant funding is designed to “supplement” and is not guaranteed to cover all your costs.

I applied for and received supplemental funds in the fall, can I apply again? 

Yes, you can apply for supplemental funds each semester; please be prepared to demonstrate your financial COVID impact (loss of wages or increased costs due to COVID) each time. 

When will I know if my request for supplemental funding has been approved? 

Processing times may vary depending on the volume of applications. Student will receive an email notification when the request is approved. It may take up to 2 weeks for an application to be approved, submitting applications without documentation may cause delay in processing time. If you have submitted an application please monitor your email for communication from the CARES office 

Can all enrolled students, as well as students enrolled at any point since the declaration of a national emergency (including undocumented, DACA, international, non-credit, refugee students, dual enrollment, continuing education, non-degree, and other non-Title IV eligible) receive HEERF II Funds?

Colleges can use HEERF II and unspent CARES funds to support certain students who are not Title IV eligible. That includes non-degree seeking, non-credit, dual enrollment, and continuing education students. As always, students have discretion about how they receive their grants and schools must receive affirmative consent from students before using an emergency financial aid grant to satisfy outstanding bills.

Are undocumented, DACA or international students eligible to receive HEERF II Funds?

Yes, undocumented, DACA and international students are eligible for this fund.

For the Emergency Grant Funds, what are the allowable uses?

Institutions may award student grants for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus as follows: any component of their cost of attendance, tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental) & child care

Who do I contact if I have questions?

You can send emails to 

How can I apply for a COVID19 Supplemental Emergency Grant?