What students, parents & faculty are saying
- ATS was a good experience for me and gave me the opportunity
to enhance my skill set in all of the classes I chose
to take. The most recent class I took was anatomy and physiology
which gave me the chance to learn more about how the human body
works, along with a way to keep me working over the summer. The
hands-on activities made the class much more fun and improved my
understanding of the subject.
- I enjoyed taking classes on a college campus and doing so
opened new perspectives for me. I took classes on subjects I
wanted to further expand my knowledge on. The students were very
friendly, the teachers were very helpful,
and overall my experience at ATS was great. Taking
classes at ATS is definitely worth it if you are
thinking about it. Taking summer classes in a college environment
was a new experience, which I definitely think is worth
- My week at Sac State was fun and educational, without being
overly demanding or stressful. It felt like the right mix of
summer fun, while still letting me learn a new skill.
- Sac State is a great campus. With all of the trees
it feels like a park atmosphere. The campus looked really cool
with all the nice buildings and amenities….My Mom
graduated from Sac State in the 80’s and she said that even
though it was really nice back then, the improvements
were really outstanding. I already planned to go to Sac
State for college but after attending the ATS class, it made me
want to go there even more because I got a chance to actually get
a taste of what it’s like to be a student at Sac State. I can’t
wait to be a college student there one day
- The creative computing class that I took was a great learning
experience! I loved my teacher because she was
very funny and I appreciated the fact that she gave her
class a chance to do projects independently. My favorite memory
from my class was the arcade. I was so excited to make my game
and share my skills with the rest of the class.
- In my DNA class, I learned how DNA and RNA function. My
favorite activities were the labs, where we got to do experiments
using different things. Everything was fun! I enjoyed the
lectures we received each day, the activity follow-ups, and the
labs. Students should take this class because not only of the
amazing amount of information learned, but also how we could do
the immensely fun labs with partners.
- ATS is a great program to keep learning while summer is going
on, and that there are a lot of amazing courses to take!
- I learned a lot of new skills I’ve never even been taught
before. It was a bit challenging, but it was so much
fun to see the result of all of your hard work you did
in the class. I think other students should take the class
because it’s a great way to be creative and learn something
- In the Performing Arts class I took, we worked a
lot on practicing and memorizing a scene as well as a monologue
that we performed on the last day of class. I learned how to be a
lot more comfortable in front of people, when I am performing.
the improvisational games we played in this class
were really fun.
- ATS is a great way to learn more about subjects you are
interested in or like doing. I felt proud attending a college
campus class and it was a lot of fun. I would recommend all
students to explore subjects they may be interested in.
- I would agree the ATS program had a big influence on my life. I still remember the feeling I had when I received the acceptance letter in the mail, and my parents told me how proud of me they were. I think it was that feeling, and the experience I took away from the program that helped me truly understand what “success” felt like… and it inspired me to stay on track through high school and then go on to become the first college graduate in my family. With VSP’s tuition assistance I graduated from CSUS in 2005 with a Bachelor’s in Business. ATS definitely made a positive impact on my life.
- ATS is an opportunity for young kids to take classes on a
real college campus. They are in real college classrooms and
experience some independence on a new level (in a safe
environment.) My daughter took it seriously as she felt she was
being taken seriously and produced
some high-quality work in her design class. Getting
kids early exposure to higher education is a
- I am very impressed with the ATS program. My son is 13 and
excitedly planning his path to college. The experience has
connected the dots for us regarding exactly how my son can turn
his strengths and talents into a career.
- My student loved being able to go to a college campus and
take classes. She enjoyed being in a class where students were
interested in learning and moving at a fast pace. The Professor
and the TA were both very nice and welcoming. My student has
never been on a college campus before, so her ATS experience
helped her picture herself in college.
- She had fun in a class with like-minded children. She was
able to learn about a subject she knew almost nothing about and
is now really interested in it. She is now interested in biotech
as a potential career, is reading up about colleges, and what
classes to take in high school.
- My student was thrilled to be taking classes on a college
campus. It boosted his academic confidence and made him excited
about attending college in the future. He also enjoyed meeting
peers with similar interests.
- My child thrives in the supportive and inquisitive academic
environment of ATS!
- My student enjoyed the class and admired the teacher. She was
amazed at the bustle of the college campus and learned a lot.
- My daughter took a class that required getting in front of
the class and speaking and answering questions to which
there were no prepared answers. Great for confidence and critical
- The exposure to the campus was highly valuable. My son also
shared – communication and interaction with the instructor was
outstanding. This truly was a wonderful experience and
- My children were enrolled in 2 different art classes this
summer. They had fun learning new techniques and making friends.
Our family enjoyed the open house on the last day. The
instructors and staff worked hard to make the summer class fun
and safe. Thank you for all your work! See you next year!
- We are so proud of our son that he attended the 2019 Academic
Talent Search program at Sac State. He successfully finished all
his classes with highest grades and great recommendations from
his instructors. The summer was spent well by being
productive! … If you have a smart kid at home, consider this
program as a powerful tool in your child’s future!
- He loved being challenged and being given responsibility to
think independently. He seemed to truly enjoy the classes. We
will definitely plan to do it again!
- She enjoyed being on campus, feeling independent, and meeting
people with new interests.
- Exploration into new topics that she otherwise would not have access to. She was thrilled with what she was learning, and it has opened up her awareness of new avenues of study and profession.
- I’m excited to use my on-line teaching experiences to still
work with ATS students this summer!
- I’m excited to teach the Building Suspenseful Stories class
this summer because it was an overwhelmingly positive experience
last year. My students came to class with a passion for writing
and creativity as well as an unparalleled desire to learn.
Moreover, they were such a fun group to work with! For me, the
most rewarding aspect of teaching this class is seeing these
students learn, grow, and be creative. Furthermore, I love
watching their confidence as story-tellers build as they progress
from initial concept to polished draft.
- I always look forward to teaching Game Theory and Strategic
Thinking. It is my favorite topic. And to have the
opportunity to introduce these concepts to the bright young minds
in ATS makes it even more special for me.